Warning!New windows update come out.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How do I reinstall Windows Vista while retaining all of my files on a partitioned hard drive?

I want to reinstall my Windows Vista OS and I have a partitioned hard drive. It would be great if someone gave me really meticulous instructions on how to reinstall my Windows Vista and how to use my partitioned hard drive to keep all of my files to ensure I don't have problems again.



It's quite simple. When you're installing Vista it will go through it's whole process of setting up the install and such, then eventually you will come to a window where it asks about the installation. You can choose the Quick installation or a Custom installation, you want to click the Custom installation button. Then that will take you to a screen displaying all of your hard drives and partitions. Simply pick the drive that Vista is installed on (so C:), and don't touch the other ones.





It's as simple as that, the only downside is that you may have to re-link all of your programs afterwards. For instance when you go to open programs or files their paths might not work because they could have changed, and it can be a pain to have to sort through them all. But it's easier than backing everything up.





Just make sure that EVERYTHING you want to keep is on the other drives, including files that are associated with the programs.




before reinstall window ,, first get backup personal data from c/ drive like a document desktop on any ur personal data,, and put disk in drive/ restart pc/ press any key for disk boot/ give install location c/drive first format / and install window . i hope u do this short thx u




When your installing a OS it will only install on the selected Part of the hard drive. If you Select C: it wont touch D: or E: W/E you have . So reinstall and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help on computer for you